If you’re in your 40s, you already know that each age has its advantages and inherent downsides. And it’s a natural thing, everybody changes in time, and we just need to learn to adjust to the new situation. Makeup is no exception, so if you have turned 40, it’s time to let go of some of your old habits and wear it in an elegant and natural way.
What Changes After 40?
Nowadays, 40 is a wonderful age for a woman. You’re at that point where your life has started in the right direction. You have enough experience to face increasing challenges and are still young and strong and able to enjoy life to the fullest. But what about your skin? Well, that depends on how well you’ve treated it so far. But in general, women in their 40s need to start paying extra attention to their skincare habits. The main concern is that your body is producing less collagen and elastin, which are responsible for making your skin look supple. It’s also when those annoying wrinkles get harder to prevent. But using the right products can really change all that.
What About Makeup?
So, you’re in your 40s, what do you do about your makeup? Well, don’t panic, makeup continues to be all about enhancing your beauty. Besides, you have definitely learned by now how to feel good in your own skin. But it’s also true that you need to make some adjustments when it comes to the products you use and the technique. It’s nothing scary, just use these simple tips for applying makeup, and you will look more radiant than ever.
- Choose a hydrating primer. Hydrating your skin becomes more important with every year that passes, so keep that in mind when choosing your makeup products. A good primer will make your skin look smooth and young.
- The right foundation can erase years off your face. You need a quality product that will guarantee a lifting effect.
- Concealer is more important than ever. That’s because the skin around your eyes is drier and needs extra care. So, choose a more liquid consistency for your concealer.
- Keep your blush pink or peach. That flatters most skin tones and gives you a fresh and radiant look.
- Spend a bit more time on your eyebrows. Their shape may need more attention as we age, but a good pencil can make them look great.
- Use soft and warm colors for your eye shadow. Avoid anything cool or too dark because it will make you look tired.
- Make sure you exfoliate and hydrate your lips before using lipstick. Otherwise, you will draw attention to those fine lines around your mouth.
One Final Piece of Advice?
Keeping your look natural continues to be a good idea in your 40s as well. But that doesn’t mean you need to be boring. A splash of color, especially on your lips can make you look fabulous. So, don’t be afraid, use bold tones, just as long as you make sure it’s a high-quality product your skin can benefit from.